Wednesday, 16 April 2014

A wonderful view

We went to Nibley Knoll today with our friends Milly, Tom and Mortimer (I've known Milly and Mortimer since I was a baby!). In the woods we saw lots of big trees that had fallen down onto the path in the winter storms. I climbed over the massive tree trunks, and fell off one! We explored the Iron Age Hill Fort and found lots of fossil shells in the limestone. We had a picnic at the foot of the tower (Tyndale monument) and climbed up the spiral staircase to the top - there were 121 steps. The view was amazing - you could see for miles - and we could see both of the Severn bridges. It was a hot, sunny day and the sky was clear blue. We saw two buzzards circling overhead. On the way back we played on a tyre swing hanging from a tree in the woods. It's been another amazing day.

5 comments:

  1. Haven't you been lucky with the weather Joe!
    Sounds like hard work today though - all those steps and all that tree climbing, phew!

    Love from someone called Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a fantastic Easter break you're having Joseph! Another picnic?! I'm jealous! :-)

    I love reading your diary updates and finding out what you and your sisters have been up to, it certainly sounds as if you haven't had time to be bored this holiday!

    I hope you have lots more fun when you go to Marsden this weekend.

    Lots of love
    Auntie Helen XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what alot of great things and outings you are having

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved reading about your trips and visits :-) hope the Easter Bunny was kind to you all, safe journey back tomorrow.
    From Mad "Auntie" Rowan

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like an amazing day out. I remember climbing the tower ( before I became Bionic Grannyy and the view was spectacular.

    ReplyDelete